Friday, September 14, 2007

union college cafeteria


Now that the school year has started, the union college cafeteria has gone back to its regular schedule so there's another option for lunchtime shopping. The cafeteria is in the ortner center and is open to the public. Since it's a seventh day adventist school, it's a meatless affair. That doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best salad bars in town (today I was happy to see shelled edamame) and really affordable. The hot food choices always include brown rice and steamed vegetables. The hot food choices also usually include something with fake meat, which is not my bag at all...fake meat is too processed for me, and you can't tell me it's good for you. The bakery has some good bread--I picked up a loaf of their flaxseed bread. Seven ingredients. Since I just got a loaf of the rotella sandwich bread, though, I predict some sandwich-maker posts in the very near future.

No comments: